Click here to register for an Olympic Learn to Curl session
During the 2018 Winter Olympics, the Fort Wayne Curling Club will hold nightly Learn to Curl sessions to support the huge increase in demand generated by the Olympic coverage of curling.
Here are the details on these sessions.
- Cost is $20 per person - Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted. Checks should be made out to the Fort Wayne Curling Club
- Sessions are held nightly at 7 pm (3 pm on Sundays) from February 9 - 25
- No previous curling experience is required; the club provides all training
- No special equipment is required. The club provides all necessary equipment
- Sessions consist of 30 minutes of instruction and 120 minutes of gameplay
- All participants will need to sign a liability waiver, which is available at the club, or at the links below. For individuals under 18, their parents must fill out and sign the Minor Liability Waiver.
- FWCC Adult Liability Waiver
- FWCC Minor Liability Waiver
Who can participate?
Just about anybody! We have curlers from ages 10-80 including people in wheelchairs. So, just about anybody can participate in the sport in one way or another. No special skills are required.
What to bring?
- Wear clean sneakers. Please clean your sneakers before coming and optimally wear some other shoes into the club and change your sneakers there. Dirt on the ice from your shoes can ruin the playing surface.
- Dress in loose fitting clothing. Jeans are not recommended. Sweatpants, yoga pants or running pants are a much better choice.
- Dress in layers. Mittens, gloves and hats might also be a good thing to bring The ice area is about 48 degrees but after a few runs of sweeping, you'll start to get warm.
- Mittens, gloves and hats might also be a good thing to bring.
How to Register?
Click here for the list of Learn to Curls. Click Register on the session of your choice.