The Fort Wayne Curling Club offers private and corporate curling events for groups between the beginning of October and mid-April. Here are the details on these events:
- Cost is $1000 per session
- No previous curling experience is required
- No special equipment is required. The club provides all necessary equipment
- The club provides all training
- Sessions consist of 30 minutes of off-ice instruction and 2 hours on the ice
- The on-ice session consists of 1 hour of instruction and 1 hour of gameplay
- We can accommodate 6-24 people on the ice at a time
- Wednesday night sessions are available (excluding the 1st Wednesday of the month) and additional days and times are available with prior notice so that leagues can be re-arranged
- All participants will need to sign the liability waiver below. For individuals under 18, their parents must execute the waiver for them by signing the form "as parent of ". Nobody will be allowed on the ice without a signed waiver.
Food is available through one of our partner catering restaurants. We have a bar in the club and, in most instances, can sell beer and wine during these events. Some restrictions apply.
Who can participate?
Just about anybody! We have curlers from ages 10-80 including people in wheelchairs. So, just about anybody can participate in the sport in one way or another. No special skills are required.
What to bring?
- Wear clean sneakers. Please clean your sneakers before coming and optimally wear some other shoes into the club and change your sneakers there. Dirt on the ice from your shoes can ruin the playing surface.
- Dress in loose fitting clothing. Jeans are not recommended. Sweatpants, yoga pants or running pants are a much better choice.
- Dress in layers. The ice area is about 48 degrees but after a few runs of sweeping, you'll start to get warm.
- Mittens, gloves and hats might also be a good thing to bring.