The 2015 End of Summerspiel will be held Friday, September 23, 2016 - Sunday, September 25, 2016.
The Fort Wayne End of Summerspiel is an annual early season event to celebrate the end of summer and the start of curling season. This event features: excellent ice and an awesome bonspiel experience including:
- 3 excellent sheets of ice, expected to be roughly 24.5 second ice with roughly 4 feet of swing
- Up to 20 teams from all over the U.S. (and maybe Canada) - only a limited number of teams from Fort Wayne
- A 3-game guarantee
- All meals included
- Excellent viewing area
- A full bar featuring 3 kegs of beer, bottled beer, wine and hard liquor (including shots and a broomshooter)
- Excellent hotels nearby (one within walking distance)
- Fun and exciting events both on and off the ice.
- Register here or scroll down to the bottom of the screen to register for this and other events!
- Townplace Suites by Marriott - 3949 Ice Way, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - 260-438-1160 - Less than half a mile away from the Fort Wayne Curling Club.
- Hyatt Place - 111 West Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - 260-471-8522 - 3 miles away from the club
For more information on the history of the Fort Wayne Summerspiel, read below:
From 2010-2013, the Fort Wayne Curling Club hosted one of the premier summer curling events in North America, the Fort Wayne Summerspiel.
Starting in 2014, the Fort Wayne Summerspiel has been replaced by the Fort Wayne End of Summerspiel, a smaller event to be held in our new facility.
Results of previous summerspiels are as follows:
|2010||5 & Under||
|2011||5 & Under||
(Broomstones, Wayland, MA)
|2012||5 & Under||
(Highland, London, ON)
|2013||5 & Under||Palmer||
(Cleveland Skating Club)